PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Blindfolded Chimp With a Pencil in His Teeth

Monday, January 17, 2005

You lost today kid... but that doesn't mean you have to like it.

Everybody that has a blog wants other people to read it and give their opinions on it. At the bottom of each post is a convenient link that allows readers to do so. It says "comments." I have used this link several times on the blogs of others. They seem to be ungrateful. I will post no more comments without reciprocation.
I spent entirely too much time on my last blog for it to be ignored. It came with pictures. That was hard to do.

It took hours to take them with my phone, send them to my email, save them to my computer, import them to picasso, send them to my bloggerbot, add the witty captions, and the use the bloggerbot to post them on the blog. Don't forget I had to post the pictures and captions before the post itself in order for the post to appear above the pictures and captions, since the most recent posts appear on the top of the page. But in order to know what to put in the captions I had to write the post, but not post it yet, only save it as a draft. Then I posted the pictures and captions in the aforementioned manner. Thing is, the blog remembers when you saved the draft, and once you post it, it posts according to when you composed it. So I had to copy the draft onto another document, then to the post template, then post it, then go back and delete the original.

Hmmmm....I see now that below the posting template I am writing in at this moment, I mean right below it, in clear sight, there is an area where I can change the time and date of the posting, so I could have easily avoided a great deal of that trouble.

But me being a moron is not the point. The point is there was a certain amount of effort put into my last post.

If you are reading this right now, you are doing so because you find me at least a mildy more entertaining than your screensaver. I demand validation. Leave me comments or I might as well be talking to myself. And I will talk to myself and not you. You don't have to create your own blog to comment on my blog. You just hit comment, post anonymously, tell me how great I am, and sign it within the body of the comment.

Do this or I will quite blogging and go sit in the corner and pout like a baby. Man can I be a baby sometimes.

5 Comments:

Blogger Cbake said...

"And now I'm here by myself, uh, talking to myself. That's, that's Chaos Theory."

I would have commented last time but while I live at home, unemployed, sitting at a computer desk that overlooks a bright, sunny world, I just didn't think it would have been appropriate.

Mon Jan 17, 12:28:00 PM  
Blogger Antonio said...

Despite having existed for over two months, my blog has generated one whopping response and it was only one word. I'm not even sure anyone else reads it.

If nothing else, this entry made me laugh.

Mon Jan 17, 01:02:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey, just wanted to say your blog is becoming a part of my procrastination ritual here at unc so you better not quit writing in it dangit. Or you'll ruin everything :)
Btw, this is corinne from your italian class from, well, awhile ago. Bet ya never would have guessed i read this thing :p
p.s. You still owe me dinner... jk

Mon Jan 17, 11:00:00 PM  
Blogger TheSloan said...

Absoulty wonderful! What a great blog! I sincerly enjoy your writ....

...oh ...well this is awkward...
...
how do I say this?
I was trying to post a comment on someone elses blog but it has somehow ended up in here...hmmm...you can have this one though, sure.

Tue Jan 18, 01:21:00 PM  
Blogger TheSloan said...

sincerely* Yeah...would have been a good joke...
...ok maybe not...
I like the title...((then he puts the hat on Indy's head))

Tue Jan 18, 01:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 9916275

Site Meter