PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Blindfolded Chimp With a Pencil in His Teeth

Thursday, December 16, 2004

It's 106 miles to Chicago...

It's time for the second installment in David Sloan's school of how not to drive like a moron.

This entry concerns interstate drving, particularly a morning commute. I drive about twenty five miles to work each morning down I-40. A good portion of this drive takes place between concrete barricades due to road construction. All of this drive takes place in the presence of absolute morons. I beleive that most people -- perhaps normally rational, sane people -- when they get within two miles of a highway somehow lose all concept of reason and accountability. They become single-minded pea-brained zombies that only want to go forward as fast as possible regardless of their safety or others.

I actually can relate, as can all of you. The difference is, I am a creature driven by reason. People who do things that don't make any sense bother me to no end. It even bothers me when overhear two stupid people having a discussion. I can't help but listen to them prattle on stupidly about stupid things and agreeing with each others' stupidness. I have even, on more than one occasion and to the dismay of my own tablemates, stepped to the next table at a meal to correct a complete stranger's error in logic. I tell you this to emphasize just how much it irritates me for someone to be willfully stupid about something. This is why I become so irritated on the road. Take the following scenario, illustrated for you with downright baffling artistic skill and countless hours of perfectionist effort:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 9916275

Site Meter