PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Blindfolded Chimp With a Pencil in His Teeth

Monday, November 15, 2004

Don't sell yourself short judge. You're a tremendous slouch.

So, what do you think of the new template? I had to search around for it, and it in fact did not work with my content so I had to give myself a little crash course in HTML. This template didn't have a comment function (not that you punks make much use of it) and so I had to leave the original template's text format in place and copy the background from the cool little death man template into this one. I also had to tweak the colors a bit.

Now if you know html you may think this is no problem. It probably isn't. But me, I've never seen HTML before. Ever. So trying to figure out what code affected what part of each template was a comedy of trial and error. I had to figure out what code I wanted to keep from one template and what code I had to delete from the other.

All of this has led me to this conclusion: People who write this code all day long are to be feared. They are, I guarantee, on the verge of snapping at any given moment. There is no way you can do this for any extended amount of time and not gradually become psychotic.

Beware all programmers. They may seem like the meek little wallflowers who would never hurt a fly, but that's what you always hear about serial killers after they've packed and frozen their neighbors for the winter like so much snapped beans and corn. Try not to move too quickly or make any loud noises around them, lest you unwittingly set off a three day killing spree.

I have walked a mile in their shoes, and I have seen the blackness in their souls.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gotta be honest...the templete is kinda bland. I was diggin' the bubbles but now it's like i'm staring into a light bubl with tiny black scribbles all over it. Come on! You know dark backgrouds with light text is easier on the eyes. That's HTML 101!
Dear Lord....I may be one of them....keep your distance!!!!! STAY AWAY>>>((static))

Tue Nov 16, 02:03:00 AM  
Blogger Bosephus Jamiroquai said...

I'm commenting on my own post here... What bubbles? Am I seeing something different on my computer than you guys are? I have a dark red background with nothing else but a little death guy in the bottom right corner that floats with you when you scroll down. Like I said, I did a lot of screwing around last night so I could have messed something up royally, but it really comes up fine on my screen. Who is anonymous that commented above?

Tue Nov 16, 09:24:00 AM  
Blogger LT said...

I see the red screen with skull guy too. Perhaps "Anonymous" had an unusually large dose of nose candy before posting.

Tue Nov 16, 09:35:00 AM  
Blogger TheSloan said...

Anonymous that commented earlier was me. On my screen it looks just like your old template only now a white background and black text. Very dull looking...and I'm very disappointed that I don't see the floating death guy. This more than likely has something to do with the fact that I'm on a Mac. Yeah yeah, curse the mac users and their compatibility issues! I don't know why it won't display correctly because, well, HTML is supposed to be universal but oh well. Just my luck. Now if you'll excuse me I have to go reorganize my nose candy cabinet...
~Nathimus Truittus Slonious

Tue Nov 16, 01:48:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 9916275

Site Meter