PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Blindfolded Chimp With a Pencil in His Teeth

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

It's not that hard: Nayee-Nanajar. Nayeenanajar.

Just a quick post today children. This is in response to a response to an earlier post. At the beginning of my angry rant against obnoxious yankees, I wrote..."Hmm, what a lucky coincidence for all my dear reader:" Someone pointed out their disappointment in my grammatical error here. It should have read "...all my dear readerS:"

Far be it from me to suggest that I am above grammatical errors. There was always a brief moment of terror when my English papers were handed back to me. It appeared that my instructors had, in utter despair in seeing my total lack of writing ability, slit their wrists over my compositions. Fortunately it always turned out to be copious amount of the red correction ink. Except once.

Anyway I just wanted to point out that this particular grammatical error was completely intentional. I find it ironic (or at least found it funny at the point that I posted the entry in question) that I spend time writing in this blog speaking to an audience that doesn't exist. I am aware that my readership is abyssmally low, and that I am in effect talking to myself. Fine. At the point in question, to my knowledge, Evan Sitton was the only person reading this blog. He enjoyed it and insisted that I write more. I was flattered and so I felt obliged to do so. "All my dear reader" is Evan.

So to my little grammaticists* out there: Up your donkey with glass.

THANK you very much.






It's grammarians. I know. Don't email me.




Man I can't write a short post to save my life.
"I apologize for the length of this letter, but I didn't have time to make it shorter."
--Mark Twain


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 9916275

Site Meter