PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Strict//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd"> A Blindfolded Chimp With a Pencil in His Teeth

Tuesday, February 10, 2004

I'm gonna make Gretzky's head bleed for superfan number 99 over here.

Welcome back! I hope yesterday's rhetoric didn't keep you up too late last night. Sorry if you had to cut and paste the link at the bottom of the yesterday's post (I know I'm the only one reading my blog...it's cool.) but I still haven't figured out how to make a hyperlink. meh.

Here's a question for you: Say you go to a pool hall with an inexperienced female pool player to "help her practice" and "give her a few pointers, heh heh." and then get thoroughly shalacked by her for three hours. In what way is that different than actually being neutered?
My thanks to my grasshoppah Kathy Shuping for the experience. It seems the student has become the teacher.

"When you're on, I swear you're on. You rip my heart right out."

In my defense, my boys Josh Bone and Ben Thomas got a little taste of defeat as well.

On other fronts, I am planning to run in the Suzuki Rock n' Roll Marathon in San Diego, CA on June Sixth. My training has already begun. I have found that I can run about five miles without too much difficulty as it is. However, if weather keeps me inside and I have to run on the treadmill, I am ready to open fire after about a mile and a half.

I have no idea how these little anorexic running obsessed girls in the gym can stay on that God-forsaken treadmill for an hour at a time. I'll glance over at their timers and I can see that they've been there for forty seven mintutes when I start mine up and they're still going when I quit. Half the time they're walking. It's not a matter of endurance...its a matter of how can you possibly stand to look at the exact same thing for over an hour? You have a little LCD screen in front of you that ticks away a hundredth of a mile at a time, at a painfully slow pace, and you have this to stare at for the next hour?

In my opinion, most of these girls need to put a little gravy on their biscuits anyway.

So ladies, stop wasting countless hours walking in place, making yourself rail-thin. Go outside, breathe some fresh air, and spend the time you save by doing a actual, life enriching exercise with a pen and pad thinking up other ways to stop being so lame.

Poker Championship

I have registered to play in the
Online Poker Blogger Championship!

This event is powered by PokerStars.

Registration code: 9916275

Site Meter